Crimson 3.1 SMTP set up at runtime

ERCfarcontrol

Has anyone successfully used tags to set up the SMTP transport and authentication settings through the HMI after start up? The fields seem to take tags.

If so, do the drop down selections use multi state integer tags. I have done this to setup ethernet settings. The order of the states matches the order of the selection in crimson.

I have done that for the mail server IP address and for the port number. The data source for the IP address is:
TextToAddr(EmailIPText)
where EmailIPText is a formatted text string for the server's IP address
The port numebr is simply an integer.
In the fields on the SMTP settings, you can drag the tags to them or type in "=MyTag" in order to reference a tag rather than a literal value.

I don't if you can do this or how to do this for the dropdown selections on that page.

The IP address is a 32 bit integer which is much easier for humans to enter if you convert it from the decimal dot string we are used to working with. What I do is just make the string tag "EmailIPText" the object that is displayed/edited, and have another tag which uses TextToAddr(EmailIPText) as its data source and that is the tag I drag into the SMTP mail server field.

For example, 192.168.38.10 as an integer is 3232238118 I let the function compute that for me and let the operator see the text version of it. You can format the text to require the right character pattern is entered as well.

https://www.vultr.com/resources/ipv4-converter/?ip_address

When I began setting up the network interfaces at runtime I just used an integer tag formatted as an IP Address. See the attached screenshot. Maybe I'm not understanding the difference between these 2 methods. For selecting the drop down option for the port mode I used an integer formatted as a multistate tag with the format text matching the order of the selection choices. I've attached a screenshot of this as well. All of these changes requires a system restart to take effect.

It also works with all the FTP server setup drop down options. The FTP server can be fully configured via touch interface. I tested all different combinations of the drop down selections with success.

All of the important fields and drop downs of the SMTP setup will accept tags. The only fields that aren't straight forward are the selections for the ip address. I suspect the drop down selection of expression is used to determine both the ip/name mode and set the address.

ipformat.png dropdownmultistate.png

I like it. That is probably cleaner than the way I have been doing it. I never tried setting the IP address as just an integer with the format as IP address. Thanks for showing me something new.

I have not needed to make any of the other fields editable at runtime, just the IP address and port number.