Direct opening of an HMI after switching on the PC

AB2005

Dear Friends,

I have a P4 PC with W2K installed and Rockwell software etc. I have designed an HMI in RS View 32works. I want that whenever we start the PC, it directly open the project and main graphics after completion of all staring procedure. Is it possible?
The main reason is only the safety of system that whenever it needs to restart the PC or any power failure problem, operator just switches on the PC and nothing to do more.

Ofcourse it is possible, you can also strip that windows from any other possibilities of opening any program, if remember right, its done with policies, but anyway you should find what you need by googling about how to make windows do it.

Easy in Win2K, right click the start button and open, then select programs and open, then select startup and open, now place a shortcut to the program you want to run in this folder. Done - that program will be run whenever the pc starts

There are also registry entries that can force a program to run on startup, and if you want to prevent anyone getting access to the OS at any time try Googling "replacing explorer shell" - but remember to leave yourself a "backdoor" method of running explorer.exe šŸ™ƒ

(Ctl+Alt+Del may be your friend here šŸ““)

Iain

You will have to check it, because this is from memory, but I think placing a shortcut with path: <path to view32>\rsviewrt.exe <your application> /r

I believe this is in the UG that you can d/l @ literature.rockwellautomation.com and also, you will get a quick answer on this if you have a techconnect account and call RA

Heres how it goes in Windows XP. Create a shortcut to your RSView32 Runtime program. Right click on the newly made shortcut and under the "Shortcut" tab go to the "Target" field. In the Target field you should have

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "complete path to your project file" /r

In the "Start In" field
"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView"

In the "Run" field, select "Maximized"

Save the changes to the shortcut and put it in the startup folder.

Hope this helps.

Or, if you also want to lock out access to the Windows environment once the application is running, you could use the RSView32 DeskLock tool. But then the operators would not be able to play solitare.

Dear Friends;

Thanks for providing help to me.
I written down the following path in Target field
"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\corrugated\My Documents\agnati\agnati.rsv" /r

Then written following path in Start in field

After that when i started the PC, Rs View 32 started and after 3secs, RS View 32 window disappeared. i started many times but same results.
Please help.

In the Start In path you need to add your project folder location after RSView. At least that is what I have, but I am using the default location for my project.

I written down the following path in Target field
"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\corrugated\My Documents\agnati\agnati.rsv" /r

Then written following path in Start in field

After that when i started the PC, Rs View 32 started and after 3secs, RS View 32 window disappeared. i started many times but same results.
Please help.

Dear Friends;

I have found the cause of problem which i mentioned in my previous post, I written the following path in Target field and attained the goal;

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsv32.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\corrugated\My Documents\agnati\agnati.rsv" /r

The problem was "rsvrt32" which i changed with "rsv32"

Thanks to my all friends who helped me for solving this problem.šŸ»