Directlogic dl05 saved program

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it correct to say that the dl05 program when uploaded does not store the current value in a v memory location?

I have a customer that has one of these that crapped out and when I replaced and downloaded to it none of the v memory values have values. If so that is pretty crappy.

I think the Click or BRX also does something like it, you have to load 'data' and the program, I remember something like that but its been awhile

The 'program' contains the ladder logic. The 'project' contains the ladder logic and the data table contents.

I was able to use the memory editor(I found one of your older posts talking about this) to look at values of the project file that was saved so I at least have that, but is there a way to transfer what was in the project file to the processor?

When downloading use 'Save Project To PLC'. It's in the written menu, not the icon.

'File' - 'Save Project' - 'To PLC'

Thanks so much. Whats crazy is I called AD Support and the tech told me this wasn't possible when I explained to him the situation, he said that the program should have been setup to set the V memory to a default value at first scan. I found it hard to believe thats I why I queried here.

Thanks so much. Whats crazy is I called AD Support and the tech told me this wasn't possible when I explained to him the situation, he said that the program should have been setup to set the V memory to a default value at first scan. I found it hard to believe thats I why I queried here.

I've only ever done one DirectLogic project, but there were definitely a lot of V-memory locations that were initialized to a certain value on first scan. Most of them were constants, but I think even some V-memory locations used for signals were initialized to a value, which would then just change instantly once the program actually went live and it started reading the inputs. I never tried using the memory editor you mentioned, so I never had process data while offline, it was one of my biggest gripes with the PLC.

Just remember once the program is working properly go online with your fully commented program then use the Save Project To Disk for a complete backup.

Just remember once the program is working properly go online with your fully commented program then use the Save Project To Disk for a complete backup.

what we talked about worked great. I have no clue why AD support told me differently. Thanks again.