FactoryTalk View ME Wedge visibility

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all, I have an ME project in which I am using a "Wedge" object to display the state of some sensors.

These have "Visibility" animation, which the user has the option to turn the display of the sensor states on or off.

However, when the option is turned Off, I can clearly see the outline of the wedge object, when it should be invisible.

This does not happen on the sister SE project, and the wedge object properties are identical, SE and ME.

Does anyone know how I can get this functioning correctly ?

TIA

2020-02-07_100354.jpg 2020-02-07_100708.jpg

Sure, nothing special, the PLC tag for the state, and the visibility switch.

2020-02-07_153955.jpg

Is it possible you have multiple objects? The white lines usually indicates an object with an unknown tag or no tag.

Is it possible you have multiple objects? The white lines usually indicates an object with an unknown tag or no tag.

Got it ! They were tagged to xxxx_OCCUPIED, when they should have been tagged to xxxx_OBS (Obscured - these are Ultrasonic sensors detecting trains over Points).

Many thanks for the heads-up !!

So.....Just did the same here with two tags and I'm seeing normal operation. Could you possibly have grouped objects with the animation causing the wedge to disappear and revealing the other object?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you got it

OG