FactoryTalk View Trends/Animation

jrsnydley

Hello everyone!

I am working on a project in FactoryTalk View Studio. I have two issues that I am running into. The first one is dealing with trends.

I have a couple displays that have a trend set up on them. Is there a way to run this trend in the background so that when I open the display it will show me what the tags value has been over the last two minutes, hours, days...whatever?

The second is with the rotation animation on a fan. I have an INT named Fan_Status. I have the following expression in for the rotation animation:

{Fan_Status} == 1 AND system\BlinkFast

The rotation animation is running all the time though. Any suggestions on either one of these issues?

The trend problem is probably in the way it is set up. You need to use a datalog model and add your tags there, point the trend at the data log data items, and ensure that the datalog model is triggered on start up.

The second problem might be that you need either some parenthesis to ensure order of operations, or the word AND might need to be changed to whatever word or symbol is required for a logical AND (not a bitwise AND operation).

I am not 100% on either of these answers and working from memory, but hopefully others can fill in the details and corrections.

Some of the displays are used as a faceplate and get their addresses from a parameter file. Would it be possible to use them in a data log model? I have never used them so I am not familiar with how to set them up.