FTView global object - text vs String

cjjeeper

I am creating a global object in FTView SE 13. I want to have a string read from the PLC and display (in this case the tagname). So lets say I have a rectangle and on it I put the string and then I group them to create my global object.

If I use Objects -> Numeric and String -> String Display I can set the set the properties to something like this {[BOP]HMI_TAGs[#3]}. I can group with the rectangle paste into a graphic and right click -> tag substitution and replace #3 with my array dimension number and it works. But I cannot format the string. I want to change the Font and Font size. Cannot figure out how to do that on a String Display.

If I use Drawing -> Text. I can insert a variable and put my tag in /*S:0 {[BOP]HMI_TAGs[#3]}*/ with no errors. When I group it with the rectangle and then paste it into a graphic as a global object I don't get any thing under right click ->tag substitution. If I test the graphic the parameter popup will come up and require a value for parameter #3.

So in one case I cannot format the String but the tag subsitution works with String Display in the other case I can format the text but I cannot populate the tag subsitution prior to runtime because for some reason it is not seeing the parameter in the text variable.

anyone run into this and have a solution?

Nope. Not seeing it...
Yep, you are right.

Right-click and make sure Property Panel is exposed by clicking it. The Property Panel then appears on the far right, assuming you have it Docked. Font and other properties accessible there.

Yep, you are right.

Right-click and make sure Property Panel is exposed by clicking it. The Property Panel then appears on the far right, assuming you have it Docked. Font and other properties accessible there.
You da man. Thanks.

I had closed the property panel and was using the object explorer to drill down to it.