FX3GE-24MT/ESS and FX5U-80MT/ESS communication with Vijeo Citect

zeeshan625

Hi everyone

I am working on a new project, in which we are using Mitsubishi PLCs (FX3GE-24MT/ESS and FX5U-80MT/ESS) and Schneider SCADA (Vijeo Citect v7.40). My problem is that PLCs are not communicate with SCADA. Is it possible to establish the communication between FX3GE and FX5U PLC with vijeo citect. I tried it several time but it doesn't communicate to vijeo citect. Is there any drivers for these PLCs. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi everyone

I am working on a new project, in which we are using Mitsubishi PLCs (FX3GE-24MT/ESS and FX5U-80MT/ESS) and Schneider SCADA (Vijeo Citect v7.40). My problem is that PLCs are not communicate with SCADA. Is it possible to establish the communication between FX3GE and FX5U PLC with vijeo citect. I tried it several time but it doesn't communicate to vijeo citect. Is there any drivers for these PLCs. Please suggest.

Yes there are drivers, are you suing serial or Ethernet ?

Are you using OFS or a native driver ? All native drivers here:

https://www.citect.schneider-electric.com/scada/vijeo-citect/downloads-updates/driverweb

are you suing serial or Ethernet ?

Ethernet

Are you using OFS or a native driver ?

Native Driver

tragically1969 thanks for ur reply

Download all drivers related to mitsubishi and installed and configured the parameters for FX3GE-24MT/ESS PLC as following:

Cluster: Cluster1
Alarm Server: AlarmServer1
Report Server: ReportServer1
Trend Server: TrendServer1
IO Server: IOServer1

Now, Communication menu -----> Express Wizard
[Next] existing IO Server: IOServer1 ---> [Next] Create IO Device: IODev1 ---> [Next] types of IO Device: External IO device ---> [Next] Mitsubishi - Melsec-FX Series FX3U - Ethernet (TCP/IP) ---> [Next] Default Address: 255 ---> [Next] IP Address: 192.168.1.250, Port: 0, Protocol: TCP ---> [Next] [Next] [Finish]

Now, Create three Variable Tags

Tag1 Name: Start
IO Device: IODev
Address: X000
Data Type: Digital

Tag2 Name: Stop
Address: X001
Data Type: Digital

Tag3 Name: Level
Address: D000
Data Type: INT

Now in Citect Graphics Builder, create two buttons for 'Start' & 'Stop' and one num display for 'Level'

Now Compile and RUN but....... not communicate to PLC

Please check this setting and if any mistake there please suggest me.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am not exactly sure what it is that you are trying to do but X0 and X1 are digital inputs are they not ?

You won't be able to turn these on or off from Citect.

Have you any hardware alarms, is Citect even talking to the PLC ?

but X0 and X1 are digital inputs are they not ?

You won't be able to turn these on or off from Citect.

You are saying right but I also try it with memory address M000 and M001. BUT my main issue is, #BAD error and dots are appear on RUN window which means that it is not communicate with PLC. The above SCADA screen is just for checking the communication. If communication established between them then I check it with main program and SCADA.

Attached screenshots of RUN window

Thanks

RUN.png

FX3GE coms to Citect

In the FX3GE parameters setup for ethernet set your IP address , then open settings make a connection TCP MC Protocol & host port eg 1025
Citect coms - I/O devices setup - Protocol = MELSCNET1
Ports - Special Opt - eg . -I192.168.2.50 -P1025 -T
Citect - Servers - Network Addresses - Address - IP address of the PC running Citect. Hope this helps you - basic setup. I have this running on an existing system. FX5U I am currently in discussion with Citect & Mitsubishi Japan. The same setup should work but it doesnt. Seems to be an issue with the FX5U protocol. Citect advise me the base Melscnet protocol driver works with all FX family PLC's and they have not encounted a FX5U yet (until now).
Follow Citect Case No. 100411846

Thanks for ur reply atreloar

In the FX3GE parameters setup for ethernet set your IP address , then open settings make a connection TCP MC Protocol & host port eg 1025
Citect coms - I/O devices setup - Protocol = MELSCNET1
Ports - Special Opt - eg . -I192.168.2.50 -P1025 -T
Citect - Servers - Network Addresses - Address - IP address of the PC running Citect. Hope this helps you

Really this is very helpful. Finally I got success to establish communication between FX3GE PLC and Vijeo Citect.

FX5U I am currently in discussion with Citect & Mitsubishi Japan. The same setup should work but it doesnt. Seems to be an issue with the FX5U protocol. Citect advise me the base Melscnet protocol driver works with all FX family PLC's and they have not encounted a FX5U yet (until now).

I also do with same configuration but it doesnt work. If you get any information regarding FX5U and citect communication please update me.

Thanks a lot once again for ur kind support.

Communication between FX3GE and FX5U

Till today we had only established the communication between FX3GE with Vijeo Citect but not with FX5U. So I have a plan for FX5U.

We establish the communication between FX5U with citect through FX3GE. For this first we have to transfer all data like DI, DO and AI of FX5U to FX3GE via PLC to PLC communication then from FX3GE to citect.

But I have no idea how to communicate FX3GE and FX5U through ethernet (build-in). If anybody knows please inform me.

Hi. Coms Update - i have just got Citect v7.4 communcating to a R04ENCPU
(new R series) via Ethernet. According to my boss I should be able to do the same with the FX5U. I will test this out and post details soon. I'm currently doing the 1st 'R'series
Mitsubishi install in Australia. Always a headache when R&D-ing.
Will post soon!