GE Rx3i Change CPE305 from target X to target Y

Robbed01

I have a Project with multiple small sites that have pipeline valves. The client took the PLC from one site, and wants me to configure it for another site. I started with the overall program, set the target and connected to the CPU just fine.

I changed the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and the Gateway IP Address and downloaded to the PLC. This terminated my online connection as expected.

I modified my PC IP address, and can ping the PLC at the modified IP Address, but I cannot go online with it. Is this likely because of Mac Address, slightly different program between the two sites, or something else?

Thanks

On your PC open a command window and enter the command "arp -a".
No quotes, mind the space between arp and -a. That will bring up a list of all the IP addresses and MAC IDs for which your computer has created associations. The IP address that you want for the PLC needs to be associated with the MAC ID for that PLC. The PLC's MAC ID can be found on the CPU module. Google "arp commands" for more information.

I found that the IP address for the Target Device in the Project was using the IP Address of the Slot 2 ETM Card, rather than the Ethernet Card on the CPU.

Thanks for your assistance, since it led to me looking in additional locations.