Help finding output VFD current in Siemens PLC

squiggz

Hi,
I work in a brewery in North Carolina and I need some help finding the output current for a VFD in the PLC. First off I am new to working with siemens software, so apologies if this is dumb or obvious. I mostly deal with Allen Bradley stuff. This might very well be a Apple/Windows thing of I just don't know where it is.
Anyway, the PLC is a Simatic S7-1500, that uses TIA 13 and the VFD is a Micromaster 420, hooked up via a serial cable.
On our brewhouse, the VFD for the rakes in our lauter tun kettle pushes too hard during grain out sometimes and puts extensive wear and tear on the gearbox. I want to put a limit for when it reaches a certain amount of amps, to lift up the rakes and start again.
I see 2 possible outputs when I open up the "device overview" for the VFD (via pic), but I can't find them anywhere else. I've combed through the logic and can't find a spot where parameters are set or any kind of reading of current. Maybe its all done when initially commissioning the VFD? I've been finding siemens to have quite a learning curve so far. I'm hoping I'm over thinking this and someone can help me figure it out easily.
Thanks so much! All and any help is appreciated! I am happy to try and provide other info if needed.

image1.jpg

Last edited:
Your MM4 uses PPO3
So that is a control word and speed reference -sent
and a status word and speed actual- received (typically)

if you dont need speed actual back to the plc then you can map current or whatever back

Ideally you would just change the ppo type to a diferent one with more send and receive data

I can help but I would need a case of beer for pay :)
Im just down I26 from ya

ppo types.jpg