HMI & micro1500 communication

Unregistered

U
I recently made a serious opps and ordered the wrong panelview600. It has a rs232 "printer port", but a DH485 communication port.

The plc I am using is a micrologix 1500 which has a rs232 communication port.

Is there any way to get these to work with one another?

Custom cable?, convertor?

I recently made a serious opps and ordered the wrong panelview600. It has a rs232 "printer port", but a DH+ communication port.

The plc I am using is a micrologix 1500 which has a rs232 communication port.

Here is the part numbers, micrologix1500 #1764LRP and the panelview 600 #2711-K6C8

Is there any way to get these to work with one another?

Custom cable?, convertor?

Time frame of course is critical too. I have a DEADline :)

Last edited:
The 1500 does support DH-485 communications. You may need to use an AIC+ module between the two devices.

Remember: DH-485 is a PROTOCOL. RS-485 is a serial communications wiring/electrical specification.