Kepware & Omron FINS Network

AshleyParr

Good Morning All,

We am currently in the middle of migrating my control system servers over to our new virtual server set up. However this as raised an issue with the Kepware connection to the Omron FINS network. The rest of the Kepware connections are fine & I can ping the PLC from the server but Kepware cannot read the data.

The existing setup for servers & PLCs is currently all on one local network, 172.16.1.x
We are introducing VLANs in the new set up. so the servers will sit on 172.16.9.x & the PLC's will remain on 172.16.1.x

The server is 172.16.9.12 & the PLC is 172.16.1.40

I have attached screenshots of the configuration of the PLC ethernet card & the Kepware Device properties. I haven't really got much experience with the Omron kit, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ash

Omron_ENET.png Kepware_FINS.png

Make sure the Subnet Mask for the PC and PLC include the ranges of both networks. My recommendation is 255.255.0.0. Your IT can help you with that.

Hi Fred, Thanks for responding.

I am using gateways on my core switch to direct the traffic to the different networks/VLAN's. I couldn't initially ping the PLC from the new server as we didn't have the gateway in the configuration, however I downloaded the configuration with he default gateway & now I can ping the PLC fine. I just cannot read the data from the PLC.

I'm assuming its something to do the the IP routing table or nodes that i have configured wrong, have you ever come across this?

Ash