Logix 5000 Communcate Keyence Laser Marker

hernandezl

I have a 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B PLC and MD-F3100 Keyence Laser Marker.

I am looking to communicate with this laser using Ethernet TCP/IP. The PLC is capable of socket comms. I have never used this method of communication before. The information I need to send to laser is simple. 2d barcode Contains Year,Julian date, Time Stamp (9) digits and a Part Number (8) digits. Then 3 digit code below the 2d barcode.

I have used the keyence laser marker before but using RS-232.

I made the mistake assuming I read Ethernet/IP.....come to find out it was Ethernet TCP/IP.

Like I mentioned I have never used socket comms before, I really am confused even where to start. I read some stuff about debugging the socket comms code with hyper terminal, but I don't really have a good starting point.

Any advice would be great

Thanks!