.mer file...Version?

I'm right there! I am finally able to go online using my .mer Runtime file but something happens I've never seen before. My tags are saying "PLC OFFLINE" and see no update tags in those spots. I have to admit its be a while since I have performed this, however, I've never seen this on this system from when I had to do it in the past, a few years ago.

From what I know I went with the same procedure as before when having to Run HMI applications on my laptop

In Run But No comms FTME2.PNG In Run But No comms FTME2a.png

So, I can't be certain, but this looks like maybe it is configured to display this.

For most on and off type objects there is a configurable appearance for the Off state, On State, and an Error state. The default for Error is a blue background with the word "Error" displayed. It looks like they have modified that Error appearance to display it as you are seeing.

Did you get a pop-up diagnostic message indicating any errors?

OG

So, I can't be certain, but this looks like maybe it is configured to display this.

For most on and off type objects there is a configurable appearance for the Off state, On State, and an Error state. The default for Error is a blue background with the word "Error" displayed. It looks like they have modified that Error appearance to display it as you are seeing.
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts this is what's going on. Might be the first time I've ever seen a non-default error state used though.

As OG mentioned, check for an error message popup when the file first opens, possibly something like 'unable to resolve connection...' Probably a bunch of errors for all the individual tags failing to resolve as well.

If you are getting such a message, then verify your communication is set up correctly.

Did you get a pop-up diagnostic message indicating any errors?

OG

Not at all

Just Load and Run the application, replace the runtime computer’s communication settings with the
application’s communication settings. Once I hi run it pops right up. The date, the Current Time ticking away and all.

Last edited:
I can also transfer .mer from the Panelview. I see it t has 3 files in the internal memory, and I snatched all 3. I use the FT Linx Browser and transfer utility for the connection.

FTLB.jpg

Last edited:
If you are getting such a message, then verify your communication is set up correctly.

No message at all, just Load Application, then, Run Application, but, plvlce, Communications where? Can you show me a Screenshot where at?

And btw I "can" reach the PV Displays in FTVS Graphics / Displays Tab, and connect using the play button and control the PV buttons on the PV with no problem. Question: Where does, as you said, " verify your communication is set up ", but where does ME Run Application look for its target runtime comms?

ME Run App.JPG

No message at all, just Load Application, then, Run Application,
Any such message would appear when you run the application, anytime you open a screen with a tag that is failing to communicate
Question: Where does, as you said, " verify your communication is set up ", but where does ME Run Application look for its target runtime comms?

In the screenshot you show, go to Terminal Settings -> Networks and Communications -> FactoryTalk Linx Communications (assuming communication is over Ethernet). Make sure your PLC shows under the Ethernet driver with the correct address. Of course you also need to be on the same network as the PLC, or have suitable routing in place.

If your file uses a shortcut to simplify addressing you also should verify that the shortcut points to the PLC under Application Settings -> Device Shortcuts -> [shortcut name]

HMI_Comm_Setup.png

Last edited: