Mitsubishi Melsec FX2N-80MR

bluenoser337

I've worked on one Mitsubishi PLC in the past 40 years. Now, it looks like I get to tackle another one...using GX-WORKS3-C1 software which I haven't seen yet. All I want to know, before getting into this, is can I move different values into a timer preset based on a couple digital inputs (selector switch). For example: Position 1 moves 10 seconds into the preset and position 2 moves 5 seconds into the same timer's preset. These presets used to be entered on an MTA-10 interface which is no longer working. I'm hoping to use the switch and move idea, if the old PLC can handle it, as they only need 2 choices for time. :unsure: I believe one of the timers involved is T4 in the picture. Thanks!! RB

SNAG-0396.jpg

The folks who know Mitsi are probably gone for the day.

As a fallback/workaround, you could cascade two 5s timers, so the second starts when the first expires, and then have the logic fire

• EITHER when the target delay is 5s and the first timer expires,
  • OR when the target delay is 10s and the second timer expires.

or run 2 timers, one with K50 (5s), and one with K100 (10s), and the state of the switch determines which one runs, and the timer outputs are ORed, so the 5s timer does not expire when the switch is set for 10s, and the process waits for the 10s timer to expire.

it may also be possible to test the value of the timer accumulator as it accumulates, and then have the process wait for that accumulator value to reach either 50 (5s) or 100 (10s).

First of all, make sure when you install GXW3 that it also installs a version of GXW2 or GXDeveloper, (GXWorks3) does not directly program the older Q & FX series when you run GXW3 & select say a Q or FX plc it runs a version of either GXWorks2 if FBD structured project or GXDeveloper (compatible mode), as you have some file by the looks of it then you need to select simple project & ladder.
You can upload the file from the PLC I also suggest you upload the file "MAIN" this will take a snapshot of the Data in the D & M areas so you have a copy of the current data (suggest you do this when machine is not running i.e. ready to start).
There is no need to use two timers just configure the timer with a variable from the D area.
Changing values of timers is simple the way to do it is configure the timer with a D word & either via an HMI where you can change the value or by moving a value into the D memory you can change the timer time.
If you use a HMI to alter the value make sure the D register is in the Latch area defined in the PLC Parameters so it saves the data on a power down.

Timer Value.png

Last edited: