Mitsubishi PLCs

dshaffst

I'm at a new job as the sole control engineer and trying to piece together where my predecessor left off. One machine I'm trying to get online with uses a Mitsubishi PLC. Up until now I've only gotten online with AB PLCs through RSLogix and Control Logix. Can those same programs also get online with a Mitsubishi PLC? I plugged directly into it via Ethernet and tried searching for it in RSLinx. I don't presently know for sure what the IP address is, but I searched RSWho through the list of PLCs in the plant and couldn't find any of them talking to suggest the unit I was physically connected to. Didn't know if Mitsubishi's used their own programming software.

It will depend on the processor GXWorks2 if the Q or FX0-3, FX5 & IQF I think need GXWorks3. If it was programmed in GXIEC or Works as an FBD Structured project without the original code it will return in ladder only with loads of high end tags & many conditional jumps, therer will be no comments either.