Modbus MSGing Micrologix 1400

bifftannen

Good Day!

Would anyone be able to explain what is happening with the COP's and MOV's in this Modbus poll routine? If anything I am confused by the one COP instruction that has brackets "[" and "]" in it's source and destination. I have never seen this before. I suspect the COPs/MOV's are for bit swapping/conversion but because of this one instruction with weird syntax im confused.

Thank you very much

lmM32Qk.png

xBFdMGK.png

G5vjvRZ.png

The square brackets indicate indirect addressing used for the source & destination tags. The add instructions on the branches show how the addresses are being calculated.

Look like it’s swapping the high/low words, to correctly convert to floating point values on that last rung.

Last edited:
The square brackets indicate indirect addressing used for the source & destination tags. The add instructions on the branches show how the addresses are being calculated.

Thank you! :) Do you have a link to any documentation on indirect addressing for RSLOGIX500?