Modbus TCP connection between my plc and a power meter on TIA Portal

saad94

Hello gentlemen,
Im working on a small project on TIA Portal, about establishing a Modbus TCP connection between my ET200SP plc and a socomec power meter e47, the idea is to get in real time the power, current and tension values directly to my PLC and my communication module

One thing to note is that while the modbus protocol is standardized, every device implements it differently. You'll need to read the documentation for both the PLC and the energy meter to make sure you're selecting the correct modbus command types and requesting the correct addresses.

Thank you guys for the responses and sorry for my mediocre english and low automation knowledge, all my documentation is in french :D
I am still not able to know how my energy meter will communicate the values to my PLC, i will comeback here once I have a specific and precise question !

I had a brief look at the socomec website, but was unable to find any Modbus register map for any of the socomec devices. Until you have that, even if you can get data from the e47 using Modbus protocol over ethernet, you have no way to know what any of those data mean, or at least it would be very difficult to determine what they are empirically.

I had a brief look at the socomec website, but was unable to find any Modbus register map for any of the socomec devices. Until you have that, even if you can get data from the e47 using Modbus protocol over ethernet, you have no way to know what any of those data mean, or at least it would be very difficult to determine what they are empirically.

Whoops, I take it back: the Modbus register map is here.
Voltage is electrical tension. The word is used for this in french, german, danish ..
Same as amperage is electrical current.
Oh, I know that. I only meant I am enjoying the anachronism (the Brits used to use "pressure" for voltage, and vacuum tubes were "valves").

Oh, I know that. I only meant I am enjoying the anachronism (the Brits used to use "pressure" for voltage, and vacuum tubes were "valves").

I realize it's not actually an anachronism, but it is so cool to have a word with physical meaning to use for "voltage."

I suggest:
'Fahrenheitage' or 'Celsiusage' instead of Temperature
'Poundspersquareinchage' or 'Barage' instead of Pressure.
Well, if we want terms with physical meaning....

'Sweatability' for temperature above freezing, with correction for relative humidity.
'Goosebumpage' for temperature below freezing.
No need for + or -

'Earpoppage' for pressure.

Thank you very much drbitboy for finding the modbus register map, i spent hours looking for it! Smtg was wrong with this section in their website

I am now still trying to establish the modus tcp connection with MB_CLIENT and MB_SERVER while reading the Help section