Motion Perfect controlling servo

MacroPc

I'm having trouble trying to get my servo to actually spin. I can't get it to spin even with the jog axis tool. Here is a screenshot showing what I have. In Base(x) I have tried 0, 1, 4, 5, 35.

Its a Kollmorgen AKD drive and AKM servo with a TRIO p600 Nano PLC.

2021-03-16 (1).png

Its grey when off, when i click it it turns on. I've never seen it any other colors. When I go into axis jog its all greyed out until axis enabled is clicked and it looks like that, so I'm assuming thats "on".

Is there some sample code projects in the motion perfect software manual?

I caught on pretty quickly to the Lexium software suite by doing the exercises.

Sadly no examples to do this type of job. I think I need to set a VR to the motor - not sure how to set VRs.

Ive been there and downloaded every video and sample they have. They show the code to manipulate a servo but not how to set servos up - probably because theres so many manufacturers. My code is very similar to theirs.

In their example they show it using an oscilloscope, not an actual robot or servo.

It has 2 inputs for I/O with 10 pins each. I'm not sure what you mean by them having enable or disable. I'm new at this, lol.

It has 2 inputs for I/O with 10 pins each. I'm not sure what you mean by them having enable or disable. I'm new at this, lol.

Most VFD's have a mode select that tells the drive where it's getting the enable / start / stop commands from. This is usually, but not always, done via the physical IO on the VFD.

If the drive has a STO (Safe Torque Off) mode then there's a safety circuit that needs to be correct before the drive will output.

I would hazard a guess that you need an enable signal to one of your inputs. You will need to consult the installation manual to find out which input is your Enable and if the VFD has a STO as well.

If you have never done this before, is it possible for you to get assistance from someone who has? Having a mentor helped me tremendously in my green days.

No assistance from anyone, thats why I'm here. I have a buddy in another state that does this for a living but hes never used this hardware before.

Drive does have STO but I have sent 24v to it, which is whats required. The drive is a Kollmorgen AKD-P01206-NBEC-0000

Yup that was it. I figure if those I/O were meant to handle up to 30v then even if it was wrong it should be fine. Thanks guys