Need some help with FT View network

Hi guys I need help to findout what software I need to order
to make progect. If it possible to run FT network like on a image

On computer#3-5 I need to run couple screens from main progect to allow supervisor to see history, and change a dispay
For my understanding I need to get this software:

COMPUTER#1:
9701-VWSB250AENE FactoryTalk View Site Edition Station 250 Display
9701-VWSS250LENE FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server 250 Display with RSLinx Bundle

COMPUTER#2:
9701-VWSTENE FactoryTalk View Studio for FactoryTalk View

COMPUTER#3-COMPUTER#5:
9701-VWSCRAENE FactoryTalk View Site Edition View Client

is this configuratian will work? or I need anything else? can I have FTViewServer and FTViewStaition on a same computer?

thank you

network.jpg

Hmmm.... your selections sound me strange... o_O

I would do the following:

COMPUTER#1:
9701-VWSS250LENE FactoryTalk View Site Edition Server 250 Display with RSLinx Bundle
9701-VWSCWAENE FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client

COMPUTER#2:

COMPUTER#3-COMPUTER#5:
9701-VWSCRAENE FactoryTalk View Site Edition View Client

The client license on computer #1 is only needed if you have to use the application from there.
View only clients will not be able to set values, obviously.

See also the following technote: 60947 - Installing the Minimum FactoryTalk View SE Network Software Components

Hope this helps,

- fuzzy logic

Last edited:
due to cost of first setup, i need find another solution for this purpose, for my understanding I can do same with:

9522-VWP03RENE FactoryTalk ViewPoint 3 Client System (Read Only)

with setup:

COMPUTER 1:
9522-VWP03RENE FactoryTalk ViewPoint 3 Client System (Read Only)-server(Like I understand including in 9522-VWP03RENE)

COMPUTER 2:

COMPUTER 3-5:
9522-VWP03RENE FactoryTalk ViewPoint 3 Client System (Read Only)-
1 client for each computer

Is this setup will work?

I think you need to review your setup. SE Station is stand alone like the older RSView32. Clients cannot connect to it. You need server to have clients. Unless I'm not reading your post correctly.

Last edited:
I did misread your post. Your talking about ViewPoint which is a webserver with webclients. I know VP ver.1 clients were display only. Newer versions do have more control ability. But as I understand it, there are still significant limitations on what you can do vs. a standard SE client.

Yes, your last setup will work as an option to the first idea.

Your SE Station (considered "Local", that means it isn't distributed over more PCs using server-client architecture) will allow a full control of your application, while the Viewpoint server will serve your 3 View-Only web clients on other PCs.

On the Client-side of this Viewpoint architecture, one of the benefit compared to a "standard" client solution is that you don't need to install application software but an Internet Browser using MS Silverlight technology to access your HMI displays.

On the other side, there are still some limitations in the actual version 2 of Viewpoint SE; have a read to the following technote:
275185 - Unsupported FactoryTalk View SE features within FactoryTalk ViewPoint v2.0

Suggested literature:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pp/ftalk-pp017_-en-p.pdf
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/ftvp-qs002_-en-e.pdf

Hope this helps,

- fuzzy logic

Last edited: