OFF Topic - 0.1mSec Timer

chavak

Hi,

Any recommendation for an external timer with solid state output having a resolution of 0.1 millisecond.

Thankyou
Best Regards

Wow! What kind of application do you need that for? Plan on generating a clock for a CPU or something?

chavak said:
Hi,

Any recommendation for an external timer with solid state output having a resolution of 0.1 millisecond.

Thankyou
Best Regards

surferb said:
Wow! What kind of application do you need that for?

I don't know what the OP needs one for, but I used one where I needed .002 resolution for the operator to introduce a delay on energising a indexing clutch brake combo. There was no HMI available plus I had a 40ms scan time on the PLC any way. When the operator first told me about the concept I thought he was full of **** ! It worked so well I added 1 to every machine (that had a simular function) that I came across in my travels.

Hi

Allscot,

I did check omron site earlier, the timers they offer is upto 1 millisecond resolution, I am in need for 0.1 millisec.

surferb,

The application is for a constant amount spray (atomizing) of liquid. The end user is particular about the CPK on the amound dispensed.

I'm still searching.......

Thankyou
_______

This application to me sounds like spray is is atomised when a solenoid operates.
If you need a solenoid to operate then I feel 0.1 sec if an extremely fast operation and you are wanting it to operate 1000 times faster, I think you need to do the maths again.