Omron CJ1M CPU22 (NEED HELP )

nuzmeed

I am working with Omron CJ1M CPu22,
I need to know that How to take input from an HMI by Placing the value in Counter.
I have placed a Flow meter in the line and the out put is connected to the input area , now I want to seen the counting on it in HMI

Although I am using Hakko HMI, I know HOw to take Direct Input by HMI but I need to kno how to place a numeric value in DM area of a Timer or COunter

Been a while since using Omron but I believe you have the preset value in a timer or counter set as a DM register instead of a constant. Changing the value in the DM will change the preset value for you.
Is this what you needed?

Jerry

Omorn CJ1m CPU22

Thanks Jerry for your prompt reply

what I need is, to pass a value by HMI to plc, Like as an input
how i will give the DM vlaue to the timer/counter in ladder logic.

the second question is how i will read the value from a DM area by HMI

i hope you got my point now, I need the Exact Syntax for the TIMer or counter

for example : --[10.1]------------------------------------------:
: TIM :
:---------------:
: 04450 :
: #1000 :
here #1000 is the time duration in MS, Now is wana give this this time by HMI
how i will do it. I know i have to pass the value in DM area but I am not able to give it. in sys win you can give DM(address) but in CX one what i have to give. wil it start @DM5500 or &DM5500 or what ???????

pls reply in stuck in middle of somthing.

Thanks Jerry for your prompt reply

what I need is, to pass a value by HMI to plc, Like as an input
how i will give the DM vlaue to the timer/counter in ladder logic.

the second question is how i will read the value from a DM area by HMI

i hope you got my point now, I need the Exact Syntax for the TIMer or counter

for example : --[10.1]------------------------------------------:
: TIM :
: 04450 :
: #1000 :
here #1000 is the time duration in MS, Now is wana give this this time by HMI
how i will do it. I know i have to pass the value in DM area but I am not able to give it. in sys win you can give DM(address) but in CX one what i have to give. wil it start @DM5500 or &DM5500 or what ???????

pls reply in stuck in middle of somthing.

Simply replace the #1000 with the DM, lets say D1000. If you can't Scale the Entry in the HMI, you will have to do it in the PLC Code. For instance if the Timer is in milliSeconds, and you want the Operator to Enter the Time in Seconds. Move the Entered Seconds into D1000, and multiply by 1000, then move it to D1001. Then use D1001 as your Timer Preset. The same goes for Counters, but it is unlikely you would need to modify it. In most cases you whould be able to move the desired count directly to the DM.

Stu......

here #1000 is the time duration in MS,

The time base should be in 100ms, so #1000 is 100 seconds. Also, the field you setup in the HMI to load the value from will probably have a decimal point position so you should be able to display and load the value directly. Set a limit value for the entry so negative values can't be entered and it doesn't exceed 9999 to prevent errors.

Jerry

Simply replace the #1000 with the DM, lets say D1000. If you can't Scale the Entry in the HMI, you will have to do it in the PLC Code. For instance if the Timer is in milliSeconds, and you want the Operator to Enter the Time in Seconds. Move the Entered Seconds into D1000, and multiply by 1000, then move it to D1001. Then use D1001 as your Timer Preset. The same goes for Counters, but it is unlikely you would need to modify it. In most cases you whould be able to move the desired count directly to the DM.

Stu......

NO! He is trying to get the PV [Present Value] of the timer NOT the Set Value [SV] which your example would give.
Depending on the capabilities of the Hakko unit if it can read timer Set Values directly then directly reading T0 should work.
If it can only read DM areas then move the timer Present Value to a DM area and read that with the Hakko.

See attached example.

Note that the Present value of any timer can be used directly in the program. Syntax is T followed by timer number. So in the example T0 is the present value of Timer 0 as the time decrements.

CropperCapture[6].jpg

Last edited:
If he wants to display the current time on an HMI field he can point the tag directly to the timer.

Jerry

That's a tag reference in CX Designer using an Omron NS Series HMI, he is using a different model HMI from Hakko!

If the Hakko is any good then it should be capable of directly accessing the Present Value PV of a timer!

Last edited:
thanks Jerry for your Help
Now My Main Aim is to count the Value of FLow Met reading from PLC which is in input area of it, and display it to HMI, How ever I can Directly Read The DM area By Hakko HMI, What my understanding is that if i can count the pulse of flow meter and show it to hmi by reading the dm area
I HOPE IT is possible