Omron CJ2M Question

James Mcquade

Hi Everyone,

i am modifying an OMRON Cj2M program and have run into an issue.
How do you find the timer, counter, registers that have already been used in the program? i am using the cx programming software version 9.75. i have run a google search with no luck.
is there a way to automatically add the next available timer address?

thank you in advance,
james

2 ways to get to the same thing: right click on an instruction then click check usage including unused. Make sure the memory area for T or C is selected.
Or from view menu, select cross-reference report and choose a report type of usage overview including unused.

chelton,

thanks a lot!
how do you find the individual bits used?
i want to set a bit using the set command.
i found a relay 48.15 used in the program, but i don't know
what to look for. i am still new to omron.
james

James,

Addresses like 48.15 etc are called the CIO (common I/O) area. Using the same cross-reference report just change the memory type to "IO" then regenerate. It will show the CIO usage at bit and work level. Just note that if any addresses are indirect addressed they don't show as being used.

As chelton suggested, use the drop down box in the upper right (Memory area: ) to choose whatever memory type you are looking for, then press Generate.

If you are looking for a 'free use' bit, I would suggest finding one in W area. Some other memory areas can be used by the system such as IO for physical I/O and special I/O. It may be subjected to indirect addressing but if it were, you would find a DRx,IRx reference in the program somewhere.

Omron calls it TTIM and TTIMX. BCD and Decimal respectively.

Not sure if we discussed it previously, but you'll have to populate your setpoint in "#" for BCD and "&" for Decimal.

Example: 10.5 seconds, #0105 for TTIM and &0105 for TTIMX.

Yes, those suggested above are all good ways to find a used/unused address.

I like it to setup my IDE as below. I like to toggle the address reference tool and fix it to the left.
When you click an instruction in the ladder area, it populate its usage in the given field, both bit and word address. Click on the populated address list, screen switches to its usage location.

When I want to find a new address, I just key in there. If it is a used address, all the usage appears there, if it is an unused address, a message appears as unused.

Regards

IDE.png

CJSetReset.JPG

Rungs 0 and 1 are equivalent to rungs 2 and 3.

It sounds like you need to understand Omron addressing. Does this example make sense?

Start a new project and run this in the simulator.

Thank you,

it does make since.
I will try to look at the memory map section of the manual and print out
that section. It's been 30 years since i worked with omron and a lot has changed. my last unit was a c200h with a hand held programmer.
I've learned a lot with a long way to go.
james