on line editing SLC 5/05 goes off line

leighigh

I am trying to do some online edits on a slc 5/05. When I try to test them I or assemble them I get an error msg that states it cant do it, the spining indicator that showes you are on line starts to spin very fast. and the it drops offline.
The strange thing is when I do get an edit to go the bit that i put in will not change states.
I never seen this before has any body else?

The CIP options tweak is specific to SLC-5/05 and MicroLogix 1100/1400 controllers.

It will have no effect on PLC-5E and Pyramid Integrators, which used the older CSPv4 protocol exclusively. A system old enough to have Pyramid Integrators as a protocol gateway is far more likely to be suffering from failing hardware or degrading wiring.