OT: Masonelian + Siemens Sipart PS2

silva.foxx

Hey up

Just curious... we have a Masonelian CamFlex II steam valve with a Siemens Sipart PS2 valve positioner. The CamFlex works as a cylinder acuating a lever to turn the rotary valve.

The positioner is set-up in a Linear Actuator configuration as opposed to a part-turn. The positional feedback is direct from the valve spindle as opposed to a lever.

Has anyone any experience of this set-up that can share info on, please?

Regards - s.f

silva.foxx said:
Hey up

Just curious... we have a Masonelian CamFlex II steam valve with a Siemens Sipart PS2 valve positioner. The CamFlex works as a cylinder acuating a lever to turn the rotary valve.

The positioner is set-up in a Linear Actuator configuration as opposed to a part-turn. The positional feedback is direct from the valve spindle as opposed to a lever.

Has anyone any experience of this set-up that can share info on, please?

Regards - s.f

what sort of info are you after? we have some of these valves on site, i dont have much experience setiing them up but i could probably dig out the manuals and scan parts if you need.

cheers

myles

Wondering why it would be set up as linear when it's a rotary valve and the positioner monitors the spindle angle. OK you can say the actuating cylinder is linear but that moves a lever to turn the valve as opposed to a cylinder that lifts a valve.

camflex.JPG

here is an extract from the manual, it states that the valve has a modified linear flow characteristic, hope that helps some.

cheers

myles