Panel View Tag issue.

TedTurner

I have a German programed ME program. I want to know what tag in the PLC a latched button turns on. However when I open up the tag properties I get a strange tag that doesn't match my PLC tags. I would like to know how this button is translating to a PLC programs.

Any Idea what tag "#101.24" could be?

Capture.PNG.

When the display is loaded it checks a parameter file and replaces the #101 portion with an actual tagname. This is generally done so the same display can be re-used with multiple tags.

Assuming the display is opened using a Goto Display button, find that button, open its properties, and see what name is given under 'Parameter file'. Then in the Explorer window expand the 'Parameters' and open the matching file and look for a line that reads #101=[something]. [something] will be the tag you need to look for.

So I found the button, and the the "Parameter file" slot is empty. And if I expand the window it is also empty. Does this mean I am SOL until I can get that parameter file from the OEM?

Being German, I bet they are trying to "use" faceplates as per Siemens standard.
I guess the original machinery/system/programs were developed using a Siemens platform.

Well I am wondering if I can get this "Parameter file" from the panel itself. Because somehow the actual HMI must be finding the parameter file?

Not sure what to tell you.
I agree with plvlce though.
That tag is looking for a parameter file and populates accordingly.

I don't have the software handy.
I'm sure others will comment and provide a solution.
Plenty of members on here familiar with ME and Rockwell.

If you double click on the "parameters" on the left pane even though it doesn't show any do you get anything?
Is it possible to "hide" the list or password protect it?
Just WAG.

Because you're selecting multiple objects, a field that has more than one value between the various objects will show blank, including the Parameter File field. See how "Left" is empty, even though every object has Top, Left, Width, and Height attributes ?

I gotta get out my FTView12 instance now.