PanelBuilder Reverse Engineering

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
[FONT=&quot]I am reverse engineering an old PanelBuilder App (don’t ask!). On some programming screens, the function key tags are shown to me matching the RS500 designation. For example: B20:35/0. Other screens may show the tags counting from 0. For example B20:32 which is the same as B20:2/0. This difference in display tag nomenclature occurs withing the same Bxx data file as in my example. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WHY? Can it be changed by a setting? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]...
Other screens may show the tags counting from 0. For example B20:32 which is the same as B20:2/0.

I think you meant B20/32 is the same as B20:2/0

Those little things are pet peeves of mine. I like to ... right off the bat ...
export the database to csv frmat and use the handy dandy tools in Excel to standardize the address formatting:

B020:002/00

If all my data file are below file number or word 100, I won't pad them out to three spaces, but I want them consistent. I want them to be in numeric order when I sort them by address too. Once the addresses are all made neat and orderly, comments matched up with the PLC logic etc. THEN I can get to work on any modifications.

Yes. I meant B20/32. I was hoping someone at least half my age would chime in. I may resort to excel but that will mean looking at yet another file or paper - more or less constantly.
I sort of recall that there is a way to get RS500 to print/show the tags in either format. That might avoid going to excel.

In RSLogix 500, you can change the way the addresses are formatted (View, Properteis, Address Display tab). I was talking about making the addresses consistent within Panelbuilder 32. I just find it much easier to work with tag databases in Excel, then import them back into RSLogix or Panelbuilder all fixed up.