PanelView 6 Plus and DataStore

nmk

I added the DataStore active x to the FactoryTalk View 8.0 and have a problem with setting the path for the log file. from browsing other threads on the internet I am not sure if the panel view 6 has to be Panel View Plus CE for the DatasTORE to work? If some one could list the steps needed to set the path for the log file and if I can use the PanelView 6 plus(not CE version)? Finally how to retrieve the log file? I am using win 7 laptop connected to a Ethernet swith that host a compact logix PLC anf the Hmi mentioned above.

For the original PanelView Plus platform (5.10 and earlier) you needed the "PanelView Plus CE" model with access to the CE desktop in order to install and run ActiveX objects like the DataStore Plus.

For the PanelView Plus 6 and later hardware and operating system, support for ActiveX is built into all of the models. Follow the directions for using DataStore Plus with the PanelView Plus 6.

The two principal methods for retrieving the log files created by the DataStore object are to use a USB drive with a batch file, or to enable and use FTP.