PanelView 7 Screen Issue: Display Continuously Cycling between two Screens

galivanbr

I'm working on a system with three Panelview 7's connected in a DLR. The system started having miscellaneous DLR faults and they were supposedly resolved through the standard troubleshooting methods provided by customer support. However, once the DLR faults were seemingly cleared, one of the displays began continuously cycling between the main screen and another screen that you can normally access by hitting a go-to button on the main screen. It just continues cycling between the two and is rendered unusable.

The display was powered down and powered back on, but the issue remained. The ethernet cables were disconnected and reconnected which didn't fix the issue either. Additionally, the troubled Panelview 7 was replaced with another Panelview 7 with the same screens and setup and the new display had the exact same issue.

Also, this same system and set up is being used multiple places and this is the only one having this issue. (The only difference is the length of the ethernet cable runs, but this particular instance of the system doesn't even have particularly long runs)

I haven't had the opportunity to troubleshoot the system in person yet, but I'm at a loss and I've been unable to find an instance of a similar situation online. Has anyone experienced a similar situation and if so how did you resolve it?

Could be the PLC is calling the screen remotely.

Check the tag specified in your panelview's global connections -> Display -> Remote Display number and verify it in your PLC.