PLC GE Fanuc 90-30 trouble communication

ROBERTSON23

Hi everyone,

I have a Fanuc CPU 331 series 90-30 and some IN-OUT modules mounted in a 10 slot base-plate.

It's an old PLC from the 90's that is programmed with Logicmaster 90 (runs in MS-DOS ).

So, I want to to change the programming software from the old Logicmaster90 to Cimplicity Machine Edition (the new version for GE Fanuc PLCs), but I can't establish communication between Cimplicity ME and my old PLC. When I try going online, it just shows "connecting..." and nothing happens after that. I have the original cable and Cimplicity ME installed in my laptop.

Before trying go online:
I've configured the hardware
I've confiured the serial port
I would appreciate so much some ideas

not sure if you're still able to run the old logicmaster on a machine somewhere, but could you connect to the PLC with logicmaster before you got Cimplicity?

Are you sure the processor still works? I've had an old processor that showed running lights etc but after much time spent trying to go online with it figured out it was actually dead.

We still use VersaPro for programming our one old 90-30... Looking forward to retiring both it and Vera Pro to be honest.

Plc firmware may be old because of that you should connect via Logicmaster. When you upload program you can change firmware and download the program than you can able to connect via Proficy.

Hi Saffa, thanks so much for your time, and yes, the PLC actually works and controls a wrapping machine for candies.And yes, I have Logicmaster90 and it works without problems with the PLC. It's just that we wanto to work with Cimpicity because it's easier to work with and doesn't have troubles with the modern operating systems.

Plc firmware may be old because of that you should connect via Logicmaster. When you upload program you can change firmware and download the program than you can able to connect via Proficy.

Hello aslan, I really appreciate your reply,
Yes I have Logicmaster90 and it works perfectly, but my boss wants to forget LM90 and start using Cimplicity ME without any hardware changes.

I did't understand very well.
How can I change firmware?
Do you mean I can change the PLC's firmware? or
do you mean before downloading the Cimplicity ME program to the PLC is there an option in the programing software about firmware to be able to connecto via Poficy?

How to communicate GE 90-30 series Redundant PLC with GE Data Panel 45. can some one tell me the solution at the earliest pl.

The native programming port on a 90-30 runs SNP which has a break pulse. If you’re running Cimplicity ME on a computer without a serial port and/or are using a USB to Serial adaptor it may not be passing the break pulse or not passing it correctly.

The native programming port on a 90-30 runs SNP which has a break pulse. If you’re running Cimplicity ME on a computer without a serial port and/or are using a USB to Serial adaptor it may not be passing the break pulse or not passing it correctly.

That may be true of old fashioned "Modems" but not USB-to-Serial adapters.
If they don't work it's likely a timing issue with the uart used, but I have not heard of many that do not work and have never seen one myself.

...but what's that got to do with sending the dude LM90 or the 2012 problem?

Last edited: