PLC Orientation - Installation

Barneel

A quick question - do compact/control logix PLCs have to be oriented in the upright position? I've been trawling through the manuals but haven't found anything that says they have to be, but I thought I'd ask the pro's.

I'm asking because for my current job it would be far more convenient (and I like convenient) to be able to install them so the back is facing the floor in the little space I have.

Thanks,
B

It will degrade natural cooling of the PLC.
Most PLC manuals I have seen says dont do it, or states a much decreased am bient temperature value, like 40°C instead of 55°C.

Similar Topics

Hi all smart and knowledgeable people.I have a hmi connected to 2 Plcs via ethernet.These 2 Plcs connected to control 2 systems in one machine...
Replies
Views
Hello, We are now working on a software to collet the configuration of different PLC brands ,using a third software to backup all the simens...
Replies
Views
Dear Experts, I've come across an unusual piece of hardware for AB PLC-5 racks. I mean the NT-1776-HSD-R resolver input module. I have tried...
Replies
Views
Hi looking to install a smaller less sophisticated PLC for fountain timing and also one analog pressure sensor which would be used to detect...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I recently had to re install my AutoCAD Electrical 2024. I am trying to find the Rockwell catalog to install in it but cant find...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom