Powerflex 700H: Can't download all parameters at once.

DPorragas

Hi, everyone:

This is my first comment on the forum, i expect to be an active participant, here's one issue that happened in our plant.

We have a Powerflex 700H communicating through devicenet via linking device (CN-->DN), the beginning of the problem was that the drive was not recognizing the speed reference (Par.90 - DPI Port 5) sended by the CLX.

So we accessed the PF700 parameters and observed that it was taking a predefined speed reference = 30 Hz (or something like that), we tried to change the parameter via DriveExecutive and apparently it was succesfully, no errors, but when we did the upload and checked the Par. 213, it showed that it was still taking the physical reference and not through the 20-COMM.

We tried to do it with HMI and same result. Finally we returned to default factory settings and downloaded our program but still there was 1 or 2 parameters that we had to correct manually.

Any comments? Why can i download a program and have no apparent errors and the powerflex doesn't modify all parameters?

Thanks for your help. Sorry for my english.

First off what is the firmware of the drive and the version of drive executive.

Take a look at this document around pdf page 4 if your firmware corresponds http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/webupdate/firmware/notes/PF700H_5_002_Update.pdf

Is this a new startup /major Change or has it been working and just started this?

If it just started you may have a problem with the 20-comm or the drive logic board itself. Sometimes drives start doing very strange but correctable things before they **** out all together.

It would not hurt anything to make sure your drive executive is up to date and flash the drive and 20 comm firmware if they are old and maybe subject to some of the listed anomolies.

Remember the 20 comm,HIM and the drive all have different firmware make sure nothing is in conflict.

Is this the first time that your drive executive has been connected to this drive?

How are you connecting 1203-SSS or 1203-SSS or over devicenet. If device net i would try connecting directly to the drive if you have that capability.

More info about the PowerFlex 700H

Plc Kid:

Thank you for your quick answer, here's what i found, sorry for not translating the meanings of the parameters...

90 [Speed Ref A Sel] = 22 “DPI Port 5”
96 [Sel. Ref man TB] = 0 "Disabled"
193 [Precarg. Ref Man] = 0 "Disabled"
213 [Speed Ref Src] = 22 "DPI Port 5"
364 [Sel. Ent Dig 4] = 0 "Not used"

The DriveExecutive and drive itself had already already been used before. The control SW version for the PowerFlex it was:
29 [PowerFlex Control SW Ver.] = 4.001
DriveExecutive Version = 4.01

The PowerFlex has a long time working, so it is not a new development or something like that. This problem began with a Communication Lost (Failure) from the ControlNet devices (linking devices), but with a whole net reset this was corrected and so the PF700H parameter missing problem started.

So the next question comes to the surface:
¿How can I configure the PowerFlex700H to stop when a Communication Failure occurs or if some parameter changes?

Thank you for your help.