Pulse Timing Sequencing Logic

Myhells

Hello,

I am struggling to figure out some logic. I have an analog pressure sensor coming into the PLC and would like to have multiple timing conditions depending on what the sensor is reading.
I am calling these: Stage 0 / Stage 1 / Stage 2 / Stage 3.
Each stage has its own TONOFF timer with different setpoints.
I want the timer to repeat until the pressure sensor changes to the next stage, but I want the timer to finish timing before switching to the next stage.
See attached image.
Thanks

Attachments

• PLC Logic1.JPG
    PLC Logic1.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 11
There are two OTEs writing to the same bit (TimerDone_1). It may not matter because that bit is not being used, but that is usually a red flag that summat is amiss.

Also, no timers will run in the 0.01-sized+ gaps in the limits for AnalogInput0Scaled. You are using < and >=, so you can use the same breakpoint on each pair of lines.

Finally, it is probably simpler to have each as a single TON with a .PT of T#Xs100ms with an XIO on its .Q, and then use >= .ET T#Xs0ms for the 100ms pulse at the end.

you could also do this with one timer:

Code:
XIC ton0.DN MOV T#1s100ms timetotal >= AnalogInput0Scaled 18.0 ADD MOV T#2s100ms timetotal >= AnalogInput0Scaled 21.0 MOV T#3s100ms timetotal
XIO ton0.DN TON ton0 timetotal 0
- timetotal ton0.ET timeleft <= timeleft T#100ms OTE air_pulse