Remote access and control

BobB

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have to provide remote access and control to a touch screen. I was thinking about using Weintek and the Weincloud. Does anyone know if this is possible or another suggestion?

You can use VNC option. Firstly, you have to set VNC ON. It is located in HMI's settings. Then, download any VNC software - I use UltraVNC Viewer.

I have to provide remote access and control to a touch screen. I was thinking about using Weintek and the Weincloud. Does anyone know if this is possible or another suggestion?

The Gold Standard for remote access is providing a local computer that you can access remotely (VPN + RDP, teamviewer, etc) and has all the programming software, licenses, and project files locally. Obviously there is cost associated with this, and it doesn't make sense for every scenario; it's more applicable to custom integrated systems than serial machines.

Just about every automation player out there has a solution these days, sometimes solving the problem from different directions. I think there are a few big decision points:

1) Is this a one off solution, or something you need to do repeatedly?
1b) Do you want to rely on services from someone else, or do you want to self host something?
2) Do you want a vendor neutral access solution, or utilize a feature in the hardware you already have in place?

People report them and the mods delete/ban them pretty fast, so it's relatively common to see posts complaining about stuff that isn't there any more. THANK YOU MODS! :)

1) At this point a 1 off solution for a customer.
2) I wish to implement remotre access for myself to PLCs and touch screens for programming/trouble shooting purposes for remote sites - many are a long way away - Oz is a big country.
3) For this one happy to use the Weinytek solution if it works OK.
4) Future remote access will have to be universal.

Original poster was basically looking for secure remote access. Post 2 from Okie is spot on.

Suggesting using VNC doesn’t provide secure remote access without a VPN solution, which the StrideLinx provides.

Hence my comment…