RSLogix 500 attempt to go online to SLC1100

MattH

Hi,
I have a RSLogix 500 that when I try to go online (ethernet) to a SLC1100, I get this error message.

"No response form processor at the selected path/node!"

"IniDriver failed-coded:-1
Current driver may not be running"

I am not sure how to correct this problem, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thank you, yes it is a micrologix 1100. The video was suggested was
interesting but I was unable to determine my problem. I looked up on the net to see if any more information regarding this error message but did not see anything. If someone has a link, that would be great.
Thanks

Long time since I did it, have you opened up RSLinx to check the path etc. is right, also, if I remember correctly, linx service can be automatically opened on startup or on demand or by starting it. It sounds like it is not running or the path or driver is wrong.

seems like you just need to start from scratch..

Make sure you know the PLC IP Address. what is it? (If you don't know, get to the ENET config screen by using the LCD like in the videos).

What is your computers IP address on the port you're plugging in to?

make sure you have the subnet set the same. and the IP address set to the same first 3 octets, and make sure the last is NOT the same. (Example : PLC IP = 192.168.1.10, PC can be anything but 10. so the PC = 192.168.1.12 will work fine while being directly connected to it).

bring up the command prompt and try to ping the IP address by typing in - ping ***.***.***.*** where * is replaced by the IP address of the PLC. If you don't see a reply, then the network configuration needs to be solved first.

After the network configuration is good, then start rslinx, and choose 'Communications' from the bar on top. then 'Configure Drivers...'

Select Ethernet Devices from the dropdown, then click 'Add New...', and click OK for the default name (no need to change).

Click on the Empty box and type in the IP address of the PLC you are trying to connect to. then click OK and close the configure drivers window.

Now expand the Driver you added in by clicking the + next to it, or double clicking it.

you should see the PLC show up with the words ML1100 and possibly whatever the program name is in it. If that doesn't happen, and you can ping and get a good signal, then you'll need to delete harmony files to get it to discover the connection again.

Thank you, yes it is a micrologix 1100. The video was suggested was
interesting but I was unable to determine my problem. I looked up on the net to see if any more information regarding this error message but did not see anything. If someone has a link, that would be great.
Thanks

as far as I can tell, that error is just stating that you don't have a driver set up for the communications. just follow the instructions in the video, or in my post above and set up a new driver to make the communications link.

Are you using Ethernet Devices as the driver in RSLINX
when sing this driver enter the IP of the 1100 in the configuration.
On your computer under networks/ Ethernet/ Change adapter options. Select the
Ethernet port you are using, Click on (TCP/IPv4) Make sure the box is checked
to "Use the following IP address (static) enter an IP that matches your 1100
but make the last number different.
The device should show in RSLinx
With RSLinx minimized open RS500, go to Comms, pick the ethernet driver,
Click on the 1100 and choose upload, you will get a prompt to merge a file
if you have one find it on your laptop and select upload use file.
(for the program descriptions) then you will get prompts to go online
This will also set your Ethernet driver as default.
There are other ways to change the default driver under Controller properties/Controller Communications but if you dont see it in RSLinx you will never get online.