RSLogix Compact Analog Output Control

KI4KKT

I am having trouble with getting no control of my analog output signal. I am using the SCL function block to control my analog output. The logic appears to be working correctly but I am not able to get it to change my analog output. Any assistance will be apricated.

Attachments

• Function Block Analog Conversion Screen 1.PNG
    Function Block Analog Conversion Screen 1.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 33
The SCL looks Right. What is it not doing?
32 should be around -1. Are you saying that if you change the Input that the Output just stays the same?

The SCL Output changes from 0 - 5 but the Physical output signal doesn't really change. Most times it stays around 2.384 VDC. I have the device setting set to 0 - 5 V. I'm not sure if the logic is correct or are both of my outputs damaged.

What is the type of Compact output card are you using? Most of those aren't 32 bit cards so they wouldn't accept 0.0 to 5.0 as a output.
If you tell me the exact model of the Analog Output card i can help you alot more.

So to produce a 0 to 5 vdc output configured for "Engineering Units" you need to change the SCL output to 0 to 5000 and double check the Wiring.
Also remove the second output from the SCL instruction. I believe it may be copying REAL (32) bit ---> INT (16) + INT (16)
If you want them to be the same just MOV Channel0 into Channel1 after it has been scaled

Last edited:
That worked. I did not realize that I had my output too small for the resolution. This is my first time creating a scaling function and did not remember about the resolution. The second output was just trial thing. Thank you and to all the others as well for the assistance.