Safety System design, Crazy Customer request

Maybe more in the realm of social engineering than safety rated, I would consider putting a security camera in each area pointing at the cells with signs stating that the cameras are in use. Again, this is not a safety measure but if multiple people conspired to defeat the safety measures there would be some proof. This also assumes that management doesn't want the operators to defeat the safety measures. Sadly, that may not be the case at some facilities.

I worked at an international automotive battery manufacturer (24/6.5),

Shortly after installing 48 cameras in the facility, worker injuries claims reduced 50%, forklift incidents reduced 95%, and in the three years I worked there after the cameras were installed, they won every civil liability suit ever brought, whether it was injury, EEOC, or product related. Of course worker turnover increased 3 fold as well.

I fire two electromechs after they were caught on cameras violating the LOTO procedures......TWICE. (live panel voltage check without proper garb)
They canceled my vacation for the second time (coverage). Time to move on

They fired another gent for high lead levels. When he sued, they produced 35 separate incidents, on camera, where he ate lunch or smoked without proper hand washing.

That one incident, paid for the camera system.

+1 ndzied1