Scanning the network for hosts who have UDP port 3250 open...

donnedved1960

Scanning the network for hosts who have UDP port 3250 open...

I need to query the network for any IP addresses out there who have UDP port 3250 open. I am using Citect so I can use VBA or ActiveX. Can anyone help?

Why you ask? :) UDP port 3250 is used by HMS AnyBus. Our company sells a device that uses AnyBus and I'm trying to write an app that will do auto config and find all devices that are AnyBus compliant. This is the same functionality that the free utility AnyBus IPConfig does.

Get wireshark or equivalent and capture the packets sent by the AnyBus IPConfig utility.
It might be something really simple like a broadcast/multicast saying: "Who's there?"
The relevant end-receivers listening to the port will respond with a message.

We have several (80+) Festo PLC's.
Festo also has such a tool to discover PLC's on the network.
The Festo tool uses an almost identical approach as the one I mentioned.

AnyBus might be using a totally different approach, but it might be worth it to see what the AnyBus tool does to accomplish it.