Self Employment

well sounds good

so is just about programming and sometimes wiring plc?

and for example

someone tells you they have this machine which plc is broke off
so they ask you if you can replace the old plc with a new plc and also program it and wire it, and since they do not have any electrical diagram i had to look for the sensor and actuator

how much will you charge?

how much will you charge?

See below

Kiper said:
Rates for Time and Material
$100.00/ hour (8 am ~5 pm, Monday~Friday)
$150.00/ hour (5 pm~8 am, Monday~Friday, Saturday, anytime in excess of 8 hours per day.)
$200.00/ hour (Sunday, and US recognized holidays, anytime in excess of 12 hours per day.)
$60.00/ hour additional staff (8 am ~5 pm, Monday~Friday)
$90.00/ hour additional staff (5 pm~8 am, Monday~Friday, Saturday, anytime in excess of 8 hours per day.)
$120.00/ hour additional staff (Sunday, and US recognized holidays, anytime in excess of 12 hours per day.)
Mileage and Per Diem are bases on travel in excess of 50 mile radius from 47161 zip code.
Per Diem rates $50.00 / day for meals. Housing is billed at cost plus 10%.
Mileage $0.56/ mile.

My company's engineering rates are between $135 and $165 per hour, depending on the seniority/experience of the engineer.

I sometimes bill at different rates for myself, depending on what I'm doing on the project.

Back when I was in field service, we could go as high as $210 per hour for emergency overnight work.

Hi Ken;

What's the name of your company and what do you do?

I have seen local SI from $50~$238.00/hr.

I learned quickly that the customer that ask "what do you charge per hour?" Is usually not going to be someone that I do business with very long if at all. When I was an end user I had that mentality until I looked at what they could do for me at that price. The upper management would have use hire shops that where $50/ hr. And they would take 3 or 4 timea as long as the $100/hr shop or the quality just wasn't there.