Siemens 1511-C Availability

DesertDog

Does anyone else use the 1511-C CPU and know what it's future is? My distributer just said it no longer available and there is no replacement. They obviously don't know much about the situation and I was wondering if someone also does or knows where to find out more. Mainly I want to know if it is just a shortage and will be coming back or if it is just gone.

Does anyone else use the 1511-C CPU and know what it's future is? My distributer just said it no longer available and there is no replacement. They obviously don't know much about the situation and I was wondering if someone also does or knows where to find out more. Mainly I want to know if it is just a shortage and will be coming back or if it is just gone.

I haven't heard of them being discontinued, but I do know there is a shortage of *everything*, so I'm going to assume it's just that.

There's definitely no announced end of life or anything like that.

There is a weird message saying it is unavailable when you pull it up in the industry mall, though, so who knows.