Siemens im361 external power?

PaperMan

Hi all,

I'm new to Siemens and looking to use an s7 with 3 racks. I have one simple question, does the im361 require external power, or does it receive power via the connecting cable to the main rack instead (which will have an attached power supply). I have looked on the Siemens web site and there are lots and lots of documents but for the life of me I cannot find the answer to the simple question.

Thanks in Advance

PaperMan

Im361

IM365jw.JPG

IM361

I would recommend if you got Profibus use ET200M interface modules instead of 360/361 combo's. Easier and cleanier...just use profibus and you don't need premanufactured cables and such.

Nick

Similar Topics

I'm using the Siemens PRONETA software to do some IO testing currently. I love the simplicity and fast testing capability. Does anyone know about...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time user of S5 Siemens. Is there any solution on how to solve this kind of error. HMI OP7 $613 DB-error No. 11 (0: 15) Siemens PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an issue where I want to simulate an Siemens HMI panel, through NAT connection to a PLC. I have the possibility through extended...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Please inform me if i can make programing of the HMI SIEMENS IPC477D from TIA Portal software or not? I do not have WINCC software but...
Replies
Views
I have never had the pleasure of working with a "Thermistor" until now and have a question. The Thermistor is a 10KOhm 4-20mA 2-wire device and I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom