Siemens S7-1200/KTP1200: Where can I find the SLIDER BAR to add to an HMI screen?

Mas01

I've got TIA portal v18, KTP1200 HMI.

I want to add a slider bar (if that's the correct name for it) to an HMI screen.

Baslcally, like a "needle" or arrow ---> which moves vertically between an upper and lower limit.

It will represent a displacement in mm.

The only thing close to what I need that I can see (see pic) in my "Elements" box is a BAR. But this is the sort of thing you might use for showing the fluid level in a tank.

Is there a library of elements where I can add the "slider bar" with the needle that moves up and down? i.e. the vertical movement is driven by the PLC tag.

Thanks

Any more elements.png

Last edited:
You can make your own slider from box, line and arrow. Line and other elements can have position animation on x / y pixels.

Again no idea about TP panels but noticed the tabs on the side like libraries etc. maybe there are others in those that you can import to the standard lib. Seen this on many graphic systems if not as suggested, roll your own but it is such a common type of control I bet there is one or perhaps search the siemens website.

The Basic Panels do not have a Slider Control that you can use in the Screen configuration.
you have only the posibility tu use a workaround.
for visualisation only you can use a Bar-Control. You can use two buttons nearby to switch the Value up and Down.

Yeah, Tarik is probably right, I have had to do this before, configure two buttons one to increment & one to decrement the value, some HMI's have macro's to do this alternatively, do it in the PLC i.e. on a oneshot increment or decrement the variable.

Basic panels have very limited objects. Buttons still have increment and decrement selections.
This "slider" is maded of basic shapes (Rectancles, IO field and two buttons).

I didn't animate moving line to bar graph succesfully. It allways filled grapht from left or right.

ktp_tia_slider.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well...

The "needle" value represents the difference between 2 other values.
If there is no difference, the needle stays at zero.
If the difference is positive, the needle needs to move above the 0 marker.
If the difference is negative, the needle should move below the 0 marker.

As I see it, there's no need to have increment/decrement buttons.
The needle will move based on the calculated difference, be it positive or negative.

So you slider is more like vertical meter.
It don't make much difference to this.
You need to calculate difference on PLC. Then animate moving line so that center is 0.