Siemens software

Here is an adapter that supports PPI over Ethernet:
I do not know if that includes multi master mode. You could contact them to ask.
I think this is the exact same adapter from Helmholz.
I've been using one for the last 10+ years, no issues whatsoever.
I am also not sure about multi master support.
Link:NETLink®

Attachments

• NetlinkPro.png
    NetlinkPro.png
    349.2 KB · Views: 4
I tried one of these once:
IBH Link S7++
It worked to get DP-only S7-300s onto Ethernet for PC and HMI access. Not sure about multi-master. Seemed pretty reliable, but it was a little challenging to configure initially, especially setting it up in the PG/PC interface. Once set up, though, it was pretty easy to use.

I think this is the exact same adapter from Helmholz.
I've been using one for the last 10+ years, no issues whatsoever.
I am also not sure about multi master support.
Link:NETLink®

I've used a similar device, but could you tell me if that Helmholz adapter requires the 24VDC external supply, or is it only optional dependent on what you're connecting to?

TIA 2x is around the corner I guess.
I think they try to release every year, so it's always around the corner, haha. Growing pains were a little rough, but it's been pretty reliably a release every fall the past several years (exceptions are if v15.1 even counted as a new release, and a delayed release at the beginning of covid).

I think they try to release every year, so it's always around the corner, haha. Growing pains were a little rough, but it's been pretty reliably a release every fall the past several years (exceptions are if v15.1 even counted as a new release, and a delayed release at the beginning of covid).
TIA portal v11 was released on year 2011 so release numbers are behind.

I did say they started rough :p Once a year is enough for me, I'd rather they not try to catch up....

Still programming with v15 and 15.1 sometimes. Annual relases numers would be easier to remember than manufacturer specified numbers on different softwares. ;)

p.s Siemens and need of install all different TIA versions to computer o_O

I did say they started rough :p Once a year is enough for me, I'd rather they not try to catch up....
100% with you on the once per year releases.

I'm running 17.18.19 on one VM and it's been hell.(beefy hardware, Lenovo P17gen2).
I will remove 17 to install 20. (Actually create another VM).
V13 SP1 was the best for me, stable, small and speedy. (Running Scout and Step 7 on the same VM)