SLC5/04 BTR/BTW Error code -9

PAC_Inc

I am working in a project that will use an AB Panelview 900 connected to a AB SLC5/04 using a 1747-SN Module on DHRIO. I have the digital portion of it working, but am having trouble with the Block Transfer within the plc program when I test the units. When I activate the BTR instruction to read a numeric data input object from the Panelview, the BTR instruction display's a -9 error code..
I am monitoring the BTR EN, BTR Start, BTR Enable-Waiting bits and they are coming on.. I then get a Er bit (bit 12) .. I have checked all setting that I am aware of and I can not find the problem.. Is this a set-up problem or what?

Welcome to the Forum !

Error code -9 is an ordinary timeout.

Do you have the discrete I/O working correctly between the PanelView and the 1747-SN ? You have to at least verify that the RIO protocol is up and running and you've got green LEDs all around.

Block Transfers really only have two properties when they go across the wire; their Direction and their Length. So it's crucial in PanelBuilder32 to have defined the proper Block Transfer type (Read or Write) and the proper Length.

If the Length defined in PanelBuilder doesn't match the Length in the BTR instruction, the instruction will fail.

It would help if you could post the programs of both the SLC and you PV.

Also tell the forum which data object you are trying to read. (address)

Okay, Got it to work... I had the wrong number in the BTR/BTR in the instruction box.. My 1747-SN resides in Slot 1 so, I had that for the M0,M1 file setup, ie Mo:1.600 and M1:1.700. When I did the slot number above it, I also used 1 for the slot... Wouldn't work.. Changed the value to 0, then it worked...
Everything is transferring perfect.. I then set it up as a Bi-direction Alternating Repeating aand still good to go...
Ken, you are right on the different valve in the Block transfer of say 10 words in the Panelview setup, then using a different value say 5 for the BTR/BTW in the SLC program... Won't communicate ... Put it back where both devices are using the same number of words and it works perfect...

I was using the panelview to transfer Integer (N) valves to the SLC for changing Timer preset values.

Tthanks for the help...

Last edited: