Syntax for if then else statements in factorytalk view studio

eterc

Hi
I'm starting a new job (so i'm a newbie in ftview programming ) and i have the following problem : I must update some pages in a supervision program but i can not find the correct syntax for my if then else statement

We have several same remote equipements (pumps stations) we reach via a modem. Old modems are in RS232 to communicate with automate, New modem in ethernet.

So in supervision it's the same page we call with a parameter wich tells wich pump we want to access. On this page, we have a refresh button. until now the click on the this button calls the rs232dowload macro.

Now, old modems are replaced by ethernet modems when they crash and id have to add a condition testing the parameter (station name) so when it's an old station i call RS232download macro and when new one i call EThernetDownload macro.

I tried several syntaxes but my condition is always false

Here are some Examples : If (#1 = "Pump1") Then rs22dowload else ethernet download
If (Pumpname == (or EQ) "Pump1") Then rs22dowload else ethernet download
etc..etc...etc...

I debugged and pumpname or #1 are well Pump1 or pump2 or pumpxxx

Factorytalk documentation doesnt show an example of the correct syntax.

I'm seraching since wednesday and i'm completly lost :-(

can someone tell me the right syntax?

Thanks for your help

I shouldn't even reply as I am using a completely dif. platform (codesys)
But just in case it helps.
My syntax is:
IF {condition} THEN
{do something;}
ELSIF {condition} THEN
{do something;}
ELSE
call ('867.5309');
END_IF;

Last edited:
I believe the problem is with the "ethernet download" part of your statement. Put those in quotes like I just did.

Anytime you have an object with a space in the name you must put it in quotes. Otherwise, it looks at the command and only sees
"Else ethernet". Then it comes to "download" and that is not a valid statement all on its own like that.

Both of the examples below are valid.

If (#1 = "Pump1") Then rs22dowload else ethernet
If (#1 = "Pump1") Then rs22dowload else "ethernet download"

OG