Using 1769-L33ER with Modbus Gateway

zacslade

Hi All,

I am starting a project where I have a 1769-L33R which will communicate with modbus devices by means of a MDS TSXEGT100 Modbus Gateway. I'm still waiting on part numbers for the ethernet devices, but I want to get ready because this project doesn't have a lot of available time.

I haven't worked on this kind of protocol conversion before. In your experience, would it be normal for me to just add a Generic Ethernet Module for each modbus device in Logix Designer, and then input assembly instances, etc?

Thanks!

I am kind of confused - are your devices using serial connection to the gateway?
From what I found this is Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU converter.
Can you post link to the gateway manual?

In any case, it does not look like it supports Ethernet/IP protocol.
This means no I/O configuration and use Modbus application code using sockets.

If this is a case, you probably better to get 1769 Prosoft Modbus module

Thanks guys! This was just the kind of lead I needed.

I didn't notice that the device was for "Ethernet" but not "Ethernet IP", so I've got some more things to do before the project gets underway.

Thanks again!