WHAT difference between Conductive panel and steel panel

I believe the ones with a "G" are galvanized. The other ones are painted white. We normally grind off the white paint in the area where a ground bar is mounted to insure better conductivity.

I like to tap the hole provided in the corner for grounding then bolt a lug there. Keeps things pretty and if you need to change the lug later it is easy to do so.

The conductive panels work best for drive panel and such and help to eliminate a lot of the high frequency noise by providing a larger ground plane.

But the white looks better. We put our motor starters and drives in a separate panel from the other controls such as the PLC,HMI,etc for maintenance and arc flash reasons.

Both types have their uses.

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a problem with AO- and AA-Tags. When I use for example the tag AO_Test with the address 200 and type the value 1,2 in, the AA-Tag...
Replies
Views
As per the title. This might seem like a basic question to many, but I'm unclear about the difference between a coil ( ) and an application...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I have 2 Frequency Drive panels to build and commission . It is for 2 pump systems . Just wondering , what is the...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts, Good day! What are the differences between PCS7 SIMATIC Batch and PM Control? Do you have any manual like "Getting Started "...
Replies
Views
I have a Automation Direct Click Plus that you can buy option CPU slot modules for input/outputs. The slot modules have the options of sinking...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom