ZEBRA AE3600 TCP/IP communication with Rockwell L-85

You are going to need to write logic to establish a tcp socket and read the data from the barcode scanner.
See: https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/at/enet-at002_-en-p.pdf

This is a very painful process, and your logic will be unbelievably complicated for what you are trying to do. I would highly recommend getting an EIP model instead, sold out or not, it will be faster to wait for one than to write the logic to make this work if you have never programmed with the TCP interface in ControlLogix before.

Some tips to get you started, I recommend building some UDTs for storing the socket information. Setup a good message scheduler, you will need it. It is usually easier to write this type of complex message logic in structured text. Build a few messages with different services codes, and reconfigure them as needed, otherwise you will have a LOT of message tags. Use small buffers for your messages that are the correct size of the payloads you are sending/receiving, it will not do you any good to have giant buffers that do not get used, all it will do is eat controller memory.

I personally like to write wrapper AOIs around the socket messages to handle the opening, closing, reading, and writing of data. That way all I need to do is call the correct AOI. Reading and writing data can be complicated if the message is larger than your receive buffer, as you will need to build logic to split the data into multiple messages. This is a lot of work but well worth it.

Best of luck, but seriously, if you can wait for an EIP model, then do so. Just because you can get the TCP to work doesn't mean that your logic will be maintainable by others, the TCP messaging is quite complex.