DL06 and serial printer

thierry2003

I'm gonna order a serial thermal ticketprinter, probably the Citizen CBM-1000 II. Normally it should work with the 06 PLC but since I've never tried to interface a plc with a printer I hope that someone can confirm this! Maybe someone has a small sample?

Thanks

I've never actually printed to a serial printer, but I've sent ASCII to drives, etc. with much success. I used the PRINTV and VPRINT instructions, but you may only need the PRINT insruction. The manual explains how to do this VERY well, so be sure to read the last section of chapter 5 about these commands.

You don't have to wait for your printer to arrive to start testing. Connect port 2 to the second COM port on your computer (or a separate computer if you only have 1 COM port). Use Windows HyperTerminal set to Connect Using: Direct to COMn. Then you can easily view what the PLC is sending from port 2. That should save a lot of wasted paper during testing... :D

Also, make sure you setup port 2 to the correct parameters (see page 4-50) for your printer (or COM port).

I'll be glad to try and answer any specific questions you have once you start playing.

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks for posting the link, Icky. It figures ADC would have an excellent tutorial already made... :nodi:

That should help Thierry along on his quest... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric