Automation direct DL06 questions

Rsflipflop256

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I am making a test rig to be able to wire in any DL06 (or DL05)

And create a HMI in red lions crimson 3.1 to test all the inputs and outputs. I would also like to test each of the 4 card slots with IO and ethernet cards to make sure all the slots work.

Does anyone know of any iBox or code in directsoft 6 that is similar to the GSV instructions in AB that can check the health of cards inserted into whichever PLC I might have in the fixture at any given time?

Thanks in advance.

This might be a good question to post at the A/D forum. I know there are some V memory locations for system registers to set up I/O and some SP "relays" that can tell you about the status of the CPU, comm ports and very general I/O health, but I am not well versed in them enough to go deeper than that. I also believe those memory locations may get shifted to a whole different memory area when changing from a DL05 to DL06, but don't quote me on that.

System bit ST152 is $IOError, which shows if there is any IO Master error'd out in the system

Then you can add the elements (already premade), LocalIOMaster.Slot0_31, LocalIOMaster.Slot32_63 etc, etc...

Error reporting for slots 0-31, 32-63 and so on.

EDIT: Sorry just realized, you asked for directlogic series. This pertains to the BRX series using Do-more Designer. Maybe it helps steer you in the right direction.