ProSoft Ethernet/IP to BACnet/IP. Gateway or ControlLogix Slot Unit

Rob S.

Good Morning from the "Waist Deep in Snow" Mid Atlantic. I have a question about the 2) options that ProSoft has for Ethernet/IP to BACnet/IP.

Ethernet/IP to BACnet/IP Quickserver Gateway PS-QS-1x10-0780

and

The Slotserver ControlLogix BACnet Communication Interface PS56-BAS-406

To cut down the cost of the project , I would like to go with the Gateway instead of the ControlLogix BACnet Communication Interface PS56-BAS-406.

Which one is easiest to work with , and setup ?

Thanks and have a good week.

I have used the in chassis and gateway Prosoft modules in the past, although just for Modbus and not for BACnet.
In my experience I found the gateway to be more straight forward in terms of setup and commissionning. It's more parameters and config as opposed to programming and having to parse words in the program.

I have used the gateway unit, but not the in-chassis one. It took a little bit of getting my head around, but the tech support was good and once I had the structure nailed down everything was quite simple. It's been running a couple of years now without ever missing a beat.

Rob,
We have not had good luck with these specialty protocol converters. If you are using controllogix with any newer than ENBT modules, a aoi can be built for this purpose at a cheaper price. A software solution will be a lot flexible than a hardware solution. Also, it eliminates layers of hardware & dependencies. look for Parock1 as an example of what I am talking about. Let me know if additional info is needed. Good luck